Circle Of Friends Of The Blues

A gathering of Blues and soul music aficionados,musicians,promoters,booking agents,publishers,consultants,writers,artist,photographers and radio personalities delicated to preserving Blues and soul music,and letting people know that there is still some great music out there.

Saturday, September 24, 2005





Hi I'm Donna Lynne, I'm a "non-writing" singer in need of original blues material to record on my debut cd.
Style wise I prefer an Etta James - BB King sound. I'm in Reno, Nevada where the resources are pretty limited. I would like to know if you could put me in touch with a writer(s) or someone that could help me find original songs? I also need an arranger to re-vamp covers. I would really appreciate any help you could offer. A little about me, I am the niece of Blues legend "Little" Joe Blue. Above is a picture of Joe & myself, this was one of the last photos we'd taken. He was in Los Angeles at Eve Jim studio where he was there working with Leon Haywood on his last CD, and, that was back in October of 1989, and I was there for moral support. He was so so sick, but he got through it! .... You know, to me he was just my uncle Joe, It wasn't 'till the last year that I got to know him as "Little Joe Blue" the artist. WOW what a fantastic entertainer he was. That man could sing & play that guitar. I used to play bass guitar back then, and I didn't know Joe the artist 'till I got to spend some quality time with him! What a loss ... You can reach me at Donna@donnalynne.com
Thanks
http://www.donnalynne.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home