Circle Of Friends Of The Blues

A gathering of Blues and soul music aficionados,musicians,promoters,booking agents,publishers,consultants,writers,artist,photographers and radio personalities delicated to preserving Blues and soul music,and letting people know that there is still some great music out there.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

After much debate with Clarksdale,Mississippi living Blues Blues Legend " Big" Jack Johnson,photo shown on the left at home in the Blues rich Mississippi Delta ,and with many lovers of the Blues and those who are in the music business to one degree or the other and after long, hard and thoughtful deliberation I came to realize that we, the lovers of Soul,Blues,Southern Soul,Rhythm and Blues are at the Cross Roads of the Blues.Which way should we go, left or right, or turn back the hands of time? I resolve that we should take some form of action to retrieve , preserve and show-case that which is our heritage and culture, the Blues. Therefore this Blog is the baby beginning to crawl, climbing up to stand to take it first steps. This blog is for those who are serious about the Blues and voiced a choice that something should be done. Be it known and resolved that we, the members of the Circle Of Friends Of The Blues are coming together in an effort to preserve and show-case the Blues. We who are, what in the industry is known as Indies. We who are musicians, promoters, booking agents, producers, writers, publishers, recorded music retailers, record labels, radio and club DJ's, Club owners, lovers of the Blues,and consultants agree that something has to be done to preserve the Blues Heritage and the integrity of the Blues. Our primary desire and focus will be and all out effort to preserve, promote and give assistance to those who are in the Indie field, and to consolidate when possible, and network with those who are in the Blues and Soul field and are considered Indies to secure viable contacts, promotions, concerts, and information via networking.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger TurquoizBlue said…

    Hi everyone,

    I look forward to seeing how this progresses and also to participating. I have a vanity blues website www.turquoizblues.com (I need to update, sorry) and I like support local blues artists.

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Andresito said…

    Greetings from Argentina!

    My name is Juan Urbano Lopez and I'm really glad you invited me to join this blog. Hope we can do something to get a wider audience for the Blues.

    What do I do myself? Well, I'm on the board of the Asociacion Argentina de Blues (a national Blues society) and I have a Blues radio show in Buenos Aires. I also have a Blues blog that I "really" need to update and is in Spanish, but if you want to check it out is at:http://bluesurbano.blogspot.com

    Is nice to see Big Jack Johnson on the photo, it's one of my all time favourites Bluesmen, altought he's not a "big name". Hope one day he can "make it", along with all the talented Bluesmen that are neglected by the media.

    If I can help in anyway, I'll be glad to do it! Warm regards,

    Juan Urbano Lopez

    PS: Excuse my English!

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger melloman said…

    Coming On Monday (Probably!): A Windows-Based Treo
    PC World's Techlog News, opinion, and links from Editor in Chief Harry McCracken.
    Hi, I was just checking out blogs and surfing through some and found you! I like your blog. I will book mark it and come back soon. If you are interested, go see my horse picture related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.horse picture

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Blogger alex said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger alex said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger alex said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger alex said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger alex said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home